- Posted by bzhny
- On October 5, 2018
- 2 Comments
- Association, Bretagne, Bretons, BZH New York, Community, events, Food, France, Fun, Meetup, weekend
The newest vessel from the French navy, aptly named Bretagne, is coming to New York! Built in Lorient and stationed in Brest, the Bretagne will moor in Manhattan from October 5th to 9th. Come and meet the crew during this weekend with not one, not two, but three events!
- A tour of the ship on Saturday 6th at 3PM.
- A run around the Central Park Reservoir on Sunday 7th at 10:30AM.
- A dinner with the crew at O’Cabanon on Sunday 7th at 7PM.
These events are independent from each other, so if you want to come to every event, you must register on every forms below!
Tour of the Bretagne
Come and see what life is like aboard a modern ship of the French navy by touring the freshest frégate out of the NavalGroup (former DCNS) shipyards in Lorient.
- The ship will be moored at Pier 88, located at 12th avenue and 48th street.
- The exact meeting point will be communicated by email to registered participants.
- Meeting time is 2:45PM, Saturday October, 6th, 2018.
- Registration ends 5PM, Friday October, 5th, 2018.
- Participants will need an ID to enter, and the name entered in the registration form below must match your ID.
- The tour will be in French.
- Children are welcome to the boat.
- There are lots of stairs in the ship, so the visit is unfortunately inaccessible to the mobility-impaired.
- Due to great turnout, we may have to organize a second group at 4:00PM. For new registrants, please be aware of that. We will communicate the exact hour on Friday soon after 5:00PM.
Sorry, the registration is now closed for this event.
BZH New York will use the information you provide on this page for the internal use of the association only. We will transmit the name of the participants to the French Navy and the Pier administration for organizational purposes.
A run in the Park
Take a jog around the Central Park reservoir with the crew. You don’t need to have military training to join!
This event is quite informal and we will decide of a definitive meeting point shortly, please fill the form below to help with organization. Some info:
- Meeting point will be the entrance of Central Park by 86th Street and Central Park West.
- We will meet at 10:30AM.
- The run will be around the reservoir (1.5 miles or 2.4km), once or more depending on individual runner’s motivation.
Sorry, the event already took place!
BZH New York will use the information you provide on this page for the internal use of the association only.
Dinner with the crew at O’Cabanon
Come share a moment of fun with the Bretagne‘s crew at O’Cabanon!
O’Cabanon prepared the special prix-fixe menu for us, with a half roasted chicken and dessert for $20 (taxes and tip included, cash payment only) and Happy Hour price on wine glasses. Practical information:
- O’Cabanon is located at 245 W 29th Street, New York, NY 10001 (between 7th and 8th Avenue).
- Apéro will start at 7:00PM, who knows when the night will end?
Sorry, this event already took place!
BZH New York will use the information you provide on this page for the internal use of the association only. We will transmit the name of the participants to O’Cabanon for organizational purposes.
You can access, modify, or delete the information we store by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. By clicking on the above button you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.